Trading Hub Europe GmbH was established on 1 June 2021 by the network companies bayernets GmbH, Fluxys TENP GmbH, GASCADE Gastransport GmbH, Gastransport Nord GmbH, Gasunie Deutschland Transport Services GmbH, GRTgaz Deutschland GmbH, Nowega GmbH, ONTRAS Gastransport GmbH, Open Grid Europe GmbH, terranets bw GmbH and Thyssengas GmbH.
Until 1 October 2021, Trading Hub Europe will operate the two market areas GASPOOL and NetConnect Germany, which will continue to exist for the time being. From 1 October 2021, Trading Hub Europe will be the market area manager for the entire German market area.
From October 2021, Trading Hub Europe will operate the market area as provided by the Agreement on cooperation pursuant to Section 20 1b) EnWG between operators of gas supply networks located in Germany ("Cooperation Agreement").
In its capacity as market area manager, Trading Hub Europe will:
- conclude balancing group contracts with balancing group managers,
- manage balancing groups, sub-balancing accounts and network accounts,
- procure system balancing tools and balance the system,
- share data with network operators and balancing group managers, and
- operate a Virtual Trading Point for natural gas.
Trading Hub Europe thus fulfils the role of the market area manager in accordance with the Cooperation Agreement and the Gabi Gas ruling.
The high-pressure pipeline system in Trading Hub Europe’s nationwide market area will have a total length of some 40,000 km and connect more than 700 downstream networks.