Trading Hub Europe GmbH was established on 1 June 2021 by the network companies bayernets GmbH, Fluxys TENP GmbH, GASCADE Gastransport GmbH, Gastransport Nord GmbH, Gasunie Deutschland Transport Services GmbH, GRTgaz Deutschland GmbH, Nowega GmbH, ONTRAS Gastransport GmbH, Open Grid Europe GmbH, terranets bw GmbH and Thyssengas GmbH.
Since 1 October 2021, Trading Hub Europe is the market area manager for the entire German market area and operates the market area as provided by the Agreement on cooperation pursuant to Section 20 1b) EnWG between operators of gas supply networks located in Germany ("Cooperation Agreement").
Trading Hub Europe emerged from the merger of the two predecessor companies Gaspool Balancing Service GmbH and NetConnect Germany Gmbh & Co. KG. Until then, these two companies had each been active in the German gas market for more than ten years as market area managers.
In its capacity as market area manager, Trading Hub Europe
- concludes balancing group contracts with balancing group managers,
- manages balancing groups, sub-balancing accounts and network accounts,
- procures system balancing tools and balance the system,
- shares data with network operators and balancing group managers,
- operates a Virtual Trading Point for gas and
- has been taking on legal tasks to ensure security of supply since 2022.
The high-pressure pipeline system in Trading Hub Europe’s nationwide market area has a total length of 40,000 km and connects more than 700 downstream networks.